Throughout this inquiry activity, students see and experience how important nutrition is for plants, just as it is for all living things. Groups of students create various scenarios using fertilizer pellets to see how the plant performs in the different environments. The teacher manual included with the kit provides clear descriptions of how plants should react to the different environments.
The bees are used to to manually perform pollination and cross pollination. Who came up with this? Brilliant! While waiting for the plant to grow, students can observe the bees using the included magnifying glasses, or microscope if you have them. We’re still working on our Wisconsin Fast Plants Plant Nutrition Kit because we just keep adding to the content due to the already rich content provided by Carolina.com. Due to the amount of detail, it is taking longer in our first grade class, but the students are learning so much.
Additional standards can be met in math and language arts by incorporating graphing, estimation, and writing
- Must be a currently employed K-12 classroom teacher
- Enter on behalf of a teacher and we’ll ship the prize to the teacher’s school address.
- Ends Nov 18, 2014 at 11:59pm ET
- Enter DAILY for more chances
- Must not have won a Penniless Teacher giveaway in the past 60 days