“The National Science Foundation administers Presidential Awards for Excellents in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST) on behalf of The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.”
Awards are given to mathematics and science teachers from each of the 50 states, Washington, D.C.; Puerto Rico; Department of Defense Education Activity schools; and the U.S. territories as a group (American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
This prestigious award recognizes math and science “teachers who develop and implement a high-quality instructional program that is informed by content knowledge and enhances student learning.”
- A certificate signed by the President of the United States.
- A paid trip for two to Washington, D.C., to attend a series of recognition events and professional development opportunities.
- A $10,000 award from the National Science Foundation.
There are two time frames for the award
- Nomination deadline 04/01/2012
- Application deadline 05/01/2012
- Nomination deadline 04/01/2013
- Application deadline 05/01/2013
Like the Penniless Teacher on Facebook for additional posts including giveaways, sweepstakes and grants for teachers not available on this blog.