I am always excited to hear from teacher readers of Penniless Teacher who are tickled to have won a Pets in the #Classroom Grant.
First, for teachers who have previously won a Pets in the Classroom #grant, APPLY for the SUSTAINING GRANT of $50.
There are SEVEN grant types, choose the one most appropriate for your area. Classroom teachers of grades K-8 are eligible for grants.
- Rebate Grants in the amounts of $100 (for small animal or birds) or $150 (for reptiles or fish) for purchases at any pet store;
- Sustaining Grant in the amount of $50 to maintain an existing classroom pet;
- Petco Grant, which provides coupons for the live animal, pet habitat and supplies purchased at Petco;
- Petsmart Grant, which provides coupons for the live animal, pet habitat and supplies purchased at Petsmart;
- Pet Supermarket Grant, which provides coupons for live animal and pet supplies purchased at Pet Supermarket.
New for 2013-14:
- Pet Supplies Plus Grant, which provides coupons for live animal and supplies purchased at Pet Supplies Plus Stores, and
- Petland Discounts Grant, which provides coupons for live animal and supplies purchased at Petland Discounts Stores.
Applications are accepted year-round.
Introducing a classroom pet at the beginning of the school year will have students cheering.
Let’s see which pet is the most popular, tell us in the comments. What pet would you like to have in your classroom? Snake? Bunny? Bearded Dragon? Fish?