Do you think you have what it takes to compete for the National History Teacher of the Year Award? Check this criteria:
- At least three years of classroom teaching experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to teaching American history.
- Evidence of creativity and imagination in the classroom.
- Effective use of documents, artifacts, historic sites, oral histories, and other primary resources to engage students with American history.
State winners receive:
- Certificate of recognition
- $1,000 award
- Collection of classroom resources for the school library
- Opportunity to participate in a Gilder Lehrman Institute summer seminar
National History Teacher of the Year receives:
- $10,000 prize
- Trip to the national ceremony (including two students!)
Nominations due Feb 1, 2013
I thought I had already posted this, so hurry!
Get updates delivered to your email daily. Subscribe to Penniless Teacher by Email
#Giveaway #sweepstakes #teachers #education #teaching