Take the map off the wall to engage students as we did in this lesson. The maps furnished to us by Bar Charts are so easy to read. Maps are a fantastic opportunity for students (and adults) to point out places they have visited, lived, or a place they would like to visit one day. Break out the dry erase markers to use on laminated maps. Guiding students with a map on the desk or floor will take your lesson home and beyond, they will tell their parents what they did in school when you make it engaging!
In our reading story, Stormalong, Stormy travels from Cape Cod, Massachusetts to many other towns, states, and countries.
- Must be a currently employed K-12 classroom teacher
- Enter on behalf of a teacher and we’ll ship the prize to the teacher’s school address.
- Ends Oct 19 at 11:59pm ET
- Enter DAILY for more chances
- Must not have won a Penniless Teacher giveaway in the past 60 days