I used to love to read this book to the children. And then I never had enough copies in the library for everyone to check it out. It never failed, every book I read aloud was always the first one everyone in the class wanted to check out. The Library Dragon is one book they never got tired of reading, no matter what grade, K – 6. Kids would ask me I turned into the Library Dragon….my answer was never clear 😉
Anyway. Peachtree Publishers will be releasing “The Return of the Library Dragon” the fall of this year. A contest to celebrate the return of Miss Lotta Scales has now begun.
The winner of this contest will receive:
- Signed first editions of The Library Dragon and The Return of the Library Dragon
- The Library Dragon audio CD
- a Library Dragon flip-doll
- a skype visit with author Carmen Agra Deedy
- a signed piece of original artwork by illustrator Michael P. White
- Holy Dragon Breath, those are fan-tab-u-lous!
- ‘Like’ The Library Dragon on Facebook
- Send a photo or video of yourself in your best Miss Lottie or Lotta Scales costume
- Write a paragraph or more describing your relationship with the original Library Dragon book: when you first learned about it, how you’ve used it, the development of your costume, or any reactions from family, children, and coworkers. Basically, tell us why you love the Library Dragon and why you deserve to win!
- Post your photo and paragraph on The Library Dragon’s Facebook page, or email it to email@example.com and we’ll post it for you!
- Entries will be accepted until 12p.m. eastern time October 31st. Winners will be announced the following week
I know how creative teachers and librarians are, and can’t wait to see the costumes! How fun!
Get updates delivered to your email daily. Subscribe to Penniless Teacher by Email