Daily, anyone can nominate a public, private or parochial teacher. The contest opened December 1, 2011 and ends, March 31, 2012. If you start today, that’s 120 votes per person. Advertise this to your classroom, school, community, friends (can you say Facebook?) or leave a comment below and on the Penniless Teacher Facebook page to solicit votes.
Want to know what I would do? I would select ONE teacher in the school, advertise for that ONE teacher in the school so the school has a better chance of winning the grand prize.
Grand Prize (1)
- $25,000 school technology grant
- 1 iPad 2 16GB unit for the “Best Teacher in America”
- (The “Best Teacher in America” is the teacher with the most nominations nationwide.)
- 30 iPod Touch units for use in your teachers classroom
Second Prize (5)
- $1,000 school technology grant
- 1 iPad 2 16GB unit for the “Best Teacher in America” runner ups
Voter Prize (10)
- 1 iPad 2 16GB to 5 random voters and 5 iPad’s to the people who referred each of them.
Second Voter Prize (5,000)
- WorthTrack, laptop tracking software for first 5K voters
This is the largest, easiest grant I’ve seen so far! Why would you not do this one? Be sure to pop onto the Worth Ave. Group Facebook to show them some love for this AWESOME contest!