Join everyone’s favorite schoolgirl as she becomes a star writer. Katie’s experiences provide an age appropriate introduction to writing, perfect for the youngest of authors. The fun narrative stories you’ve come to expect from author Fran Manushkin are enhanced by star writing tips in the form of sidebars that provide extra instruction. Supporting materials include a writing activity and glossary.
Teachers of K-2 students will want the new Katie Woo series in your classroom and school libraries. Included are:
- It Doesn’t Need to Rhyme, Katie: Writing a Poem with Katie Woo
- Sincerely, Katie: Writing a Letter with Katie Woo
- Stick to the Facts, Katie: Writing a Research Paper with Katie Woo
- What Do You Think, Katie?: Writing an Opinion Piece with Katie Woo
- What Happens Next, Katie?: Writing a Narrative with Katie Woo
- What’s in Your Heart, Katie?: Writing in a Journal with Katie Woo
Our little Katie Woo fan is also an avid writer. This girl wants to write about everything and has already completed several “books”of her own! Upon eying the arrival of the Katie Woo: Star Writer series, she was in love and proudly boasts that she can’t wait until show and tell! I received a call that evening from the teacher asking about the books. Currently the students and teacher are enjoying the series Katie Woo: Star Writer as they lean about the different writing styles.
Check out ALL of the 2013 Teacher Holiday Gift Guide HERE
We’re already planning ahead for Penniless Teacher 2014 Teacher Gift Guide.
HELP US by letting us know what you would like to see on the gift guide HERE.
Be sure to show the love to our sponsors!