Incorporating Fire Safety into the curriculum could be as simple as reading an appropriate story to the class prompting discussions sure to lead you into beautiful teaching moments.
A few books to get you started:
- Clifford the Firehouse Dog by Norman Bridwell
- Stop Drop and Roll by Margery Cuyler
- Wildfires by Paul P. And Diana M. Sipiera
- Firefighters A to Z by Chris Demarest
- Fire! Fire! By Gail Gibbons
- No Dragons for Tea by Jean E Pendziwol and Martine Gourbault
- Miss Mingo and the Fire Drill by Jamie Harper
Teachers will find valuable resources from the one and only Smokey at Smokeybear.com where students will enjoy the interactive lessons from Smokey himself.
Sparky’s Schoolhouse is LOADED with goodies compiled by the National Fire Protection Association! Definitely head here first for printable lessons, interactive videos and even an app that is sure to get students into fire safety mode.
See that image at the top of this post? You’ll have lots of time this month to enter to win one of TEN Danger Rangers Safety prize packs containing:
- Danger Rangers story book
- Activity book
Giveaway ends Oct 31, 2015 at 11:59pm ET
Enter teacher giveaway here