Finding relevant up-to-date current events to engage students in the classroom is no easy task. Stossel in the Classroom has to DVD’s available for classroom use that include downloadable and printable Teacher’s Guides in English and Spanish. The topics covered are guaranteed to elicit conflicting classroom discussions.
Topics in the 2015 Edition:
- Overregulation: When Are There Enough Rules?
- Moving Companies: Who Chooses Who Moves Our Stuff?
- Protecting Endangered Species: A Good Idea Gone Wild?
- Tough To Get a Lyft: Regulating Your Ride?
- War on Women: Fact or Fable?
- Internship Regulation: Are Unpaid Interns Exploited?
- Reputation or Regulation: Which Provides Better Consumer Protection?
- Electronic Surveillance: What’s Happening To Our Privacy?
Topics in the 2014 Edition:
- College Tuition and Campus Luxuries
- Product Liability Lawsuits: Who Gets Burned?
- High Speed Rail: Boondocks & Boondoggles
- The Fracking Debate
- Food Nannies: Who Decides What You Eat?
- Entrepreneurs: Doing Good by Doing Well
- The Psychology Behind Political Campaigns
- Taxi Licensing: Are We Being Taken for a Ride?
Teachers will find a TON of classroom resources including streaming videos with downloadable Instructor’s guides and lesson plans on a variety of subjects.
In exchange for the FREE DVDs, provide your input that is used to create future content for teachers.