I am ALWAYS surprised at the Google homepage when I log on. Although I don’t see it daily, I see it enough to wonder “how do they (Google) come up with the daily doodle?
Take your class on a field trip to Google to meet the Doodlers and learn more about the 7th Annual Doodle 4 Google Competition. The winning student will receive a $30.000 college scholarship and a $50,000 Google for Education Technology Grant for his/her school.
Discovery Education and Google have created weekly lesson resources for the next three weeks. Check out the resource RICH website, register for the virtual field trips and get students doodling. Applications may be submitted by teachers, parents, guardians and after school programs.
- Feb 12 @1pm ET: Connected Classrooms: Meet the Doodler (pt. 1)
- Feb 19 @1pm ET: Connected Classrooms: Meet the Doodler (pt. 2)
- Feb 26 @1pm ET: Connected Classrooms: Meet the Doodler (pt. 3)
- Mar 5 @1pm ET: LIVE Virtual Field Trip with the Doodlers
- Mar 20, 2014 Doodle 4 Google Submissions Due
Leave a Reply