Get your GREEN on with the Centiva Green School Innovation” grant. Schools are encouraged to create cost effective environmental projects with improve the environment addressing one of the following:
- Indoor or outdoor air quality
- solid waste reduction and recycling/composting
- water management
Although that sounds out of reach, think simplicity, as these Centiva examples:
- Air Quality – encourage walking or riding bike to school
- Energy Efficiency – energy management audits
- Renewable Energy – wind; solar; hydro-power
- Green Space – outdoor classrooms
- Waste Reduction/Recycling – constructing or using a rain barrel and ongoing data collection
Grants do not necessitate HUGE projects, incorporate a recycling program in the school cafeteria. I’m thinking TerraCycle where the school reaps another reward on top of the grants! Think of the recycling of paper alone within the walls of a school.
Submit your application online for this $3,000 grant opportunity by April 20, 2013.